Arden Hills, Minnesota (January 4, 2018) – Land O’Lakes, Inc. today announced Pro Football Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis as the latest roster addition to the Land O’Lakes Farm Bowl™. Bettis will compete against other current and former players on the field in a test of farm-inspired skill and agility. ESPN reporter Marty Smith will host the event, with multi-platinum recording artist and actress Jordin Sparks providing sideline commentary.
“The Land O’Lakes Farm Bowl is a unique event bringing together two seemingly unlike fields – football and farming – to celebrate the important work of farmers and inspire the next generation of leaders in the agriculture industry,” said Jerome Bettis, former running back and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame. “I look forward to competing and testing my skills alongside some great athletes and outstanding farmers.”
The Land O’Lakes Farm Bowl will be held on Thursday, February 1 from 1-3 p.m. CST at 3M Arena at Mariucci, the home arena for the University of Minnesota’s men’s hockey team, which will be transformed into a farm-themed competition course. Admission to attend is free. During the live event, six teams – each with one athlete and one Land O’Lakes member farmer – will compete in a series of five challenges.
- Hall of Fame running back Jerome Bettis and Katie Dotterer-Pyle of Cow Comfort Inn of Union Bridge, MD
- Minnesota Vikings’ tight end Kyle Rudolph* and Darin Johnson of Johnson Farms in Wells, MN (*pending availability)
- Former wide receiver Greg Jennings and Amber Horn-Leiterman of Hornstead Dairy in Brillion, WI
- Former center, current farmer Jason Brown and Dave Ribeiro of Rib Arrow Dairy in Tulare, CA
- Player to be named later and JJ Nunes of Nunes and Sons Dairy in Tulare, CA
- Player to be named later and Craig Roerick of Roerview Dairy in Swanville, MN
While perhaps best known for its LAND O LAKES®
butter, the company is a Fortune 209, farmer-owned food and agriculture company offering products and services from farm to fork, including the WinField United, Purina Animal Nutrition and Vermont Creamery brands. The Land O’Lakes Farm Bowl, as part of Land O’Lakes’ Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee programming, aims to inspire the next generation
of young leaders to consider careers in food and agriculture. By testing the skills of professional athletes on the farm, the event will showcase the intricacies and challenges of modern agriculture.
Final rosters and a complete schedule and event information will be announced soon. Fans can follow all the Land O’Lakes Farm Bowl action at www.TheFarmBowl.com.